WTA Consulting is seeking an experienced Sr SQL Server DBA with the versatility and expertise to succeed in a multi-client environment with a wide range of needs and expectations.
The Sr SQL Server DBA would primarily be responsible engaging with clients, assessing needs, identifying appropriate service offerings, and engaging with those offerings. Would also assess, analyze, and identify tasks or changes required to align client databases with performance and reliability in mind.
- Develop, implement, administer, and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the security, performance, and integrity of client databases.
- Resolve database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed data issues.
- Determine and implement appropriate change management policies and processes.
- Install, configure, test/benchmark, and maintain the general health of database servers and related infrastructure, monitor system logs for alerts, errors and warnings, and available/free space on the OS and storage volumes, and analyze space usage history and recommend changes as needed.
- Create/update documentation for new/existing maintenance and installation processes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or technical discipline.
- 10+ years of database administration experience.
- Highly advanced T-SQL, Powershell skills.
- Deep familiarity with SQL Server tools, e.g. SSMS, SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, SQL Server Configuration Manager, DMVs, Extended Events, etc..
- Have managed one or more VLDB (100GB+).
- Proven track record as a DBA in both production and development environments.
- Excellent skills with the SQL Server security model.
- Excellent database maintenance skills (backups, index defragmentation, database integrity checks).
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience with performance tuning and scalable database design.
- Experience installing, configuring, and supporting SQL Server environments.
- Knowledgeable with SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, ETL and database warehousing tools and processes are a plus.
Additional Preferred Requirements
- Microsoft Certifications
- Knowledge of C# or VB.NET
- Knowledge of SSAS Development
- Knowledge of PowerBI
- Knowledge of ETL and Reporting Services best practices and optimization